Thursday, January 22, 2015

Protomartyrs

Some time back, I wrote about a "protomartyr" and what that means. I also said that that word made me think of cavemen. So, I decided to go for the caveman angle and make a drawing of St. Thülaak, Protomartyr of the Pleistocene. Obviously, the name is made up, but I thought it had a nice prehistoric ring to it and it sounds better than "Thag" or something ridiculous like that.

But the larger question of a Pleistocene martyr is before us. I don't want to say too much because I am still working on the details with a couple of friends of mine, but what would the circumstances be that would make a caveman martyr possible? I have become interested in the idea of a couple of species of humans alive together, one of them fallen, the other not. How would they interact? What kind of stories could be told? Would it make for a fun graphic novel?



No comments:

Post a Comment